Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Addyson's First Traumatizing Dr. Visit

Monday night I put Addyson down to sleep in her bed and she was fine. Well a few hours later she woke up crying (not like her at all). She was stuffy and congested, so I used the nasal syringe and I rocked her back to sleep. After two more times up, she started running a fever and got in bed with us. Yesterday morning I went ahead and called Dr. Patz and scheduled her and appt. Of course they couldn't see her till the afternoon, and Danny couldn't go with me because his boss is out sick. The nasal syringe was our best friend yesterday and she officially dislikes it now. So off to the doctor we go, and thank goodness brother stayed with grandma. When we got there we did the normal weigh in (16lb 10 oz). Then Dr. Patz swabbed her for the flu and he had them check her blood count. It took forever to get blood and she screamed the whole time. I felt so bad for her and finally got her calmed down with a bottle. Then Dr. Patz comes in and says that her white blood count was elevated a little and he wanted to do another test, then he informs me he wants to catheterize her to check her urine. I was so scared and unhappy (I know how bad it hurts on an adult). So then two nurses come in, and I get her undressed. She screamed the whole time and it seemed like it took forever. I was so thankful when they finished and I could just hold her. I was thankful that he was being precautious, but I didn't want my baby to go thru that.

After all the tests were done, Dr. Patz said her urine was fine. So for now he is treating it like it is viral. No antibiotics, just tylenol and love from Mommy. I am thankful that Addyson is so young that she want remember that trip the the Peds office. After we got home, I ran her a bath and let her play in it for a little while. I finally got her temp down for a little while and she played on her pallet. I think she has a sinus infection today so I am going to give them a call. She did sleep a little better last night, and hopefully tonight will be a little better.

No comments: