Thursday, March 18, 2010

Old Friends

I have to say, I have been close to two of my friends since grade school. One, in which, I still talk to almost everyday. And if I don't talk to her, then I am a little sad. We have shared the joys of childhood, school, boyfriends (many of these), marriage, pregnancy, the birth of a child(ren in my case), and the loss of a child. We have been thru a lot together. And then one of you changes. Well this is what is happening in my life as we speak.

After talking to my hubby and my very best friend I have decided that I need to let one of my friends go. I know people change, but money shouldn't change you. It absolutely breaks my heart to have to do this. She was there to witness the birth of Trenton, she was their during my father's accident, Danny and I introduced her to her husband (Danny's best friend), thru her pregnancy with her first child, but life changes people. And for now we are going seperate ways.

I am content living where we live, being a stay-at-home mom, and raising my family. To me, the house and money are not important. To me, my family and God are important. And to me, being there for a friend that has just went thru the worst thing a parent can ever imagine is important. And as we share in a new journey with each other, the pregnancy of her second baby, I pray that God is looking over her first. And I will pray that our friend that has gone her seperate way can find a friend that can be there for her, unconditionally.

1 comment:

Bri Maharrey said...

Definitely been praying for your friend that is pregnant again and hoping all goes well during her pregnancy ;) Met your sweet mom last night. We went to look for shoes and then got started talking about teething etc...She said Addyson and then her daughter was Stefanie and I knew it had to be you ;) If not that would have been to weird of a coincidence ;)Hope ya'll are having a great spring break!!