Friday, February 12, 2010

Austin's First Pine Wood Derby












While Danny was gone, Austin competed in his first wine wood derby race for scouts. Danny and Austin built the car before he left. And I am so proud of both of them. The car turned out great. We didn't anticipate winning, since it was his first year. These little cars are tricky and you have to learn by building one. Danny had made previous arrangements before he left for his dad to take Austin to the race, and I was very thankful. I was so sad to miss, but someone had to keep Addyson at home. And I truly no nothing about scouts.

To all of our suprise, Austin's car was a winner!!! He won 4th place in speed, and 5th place for looks. Way to go Austin!!! He will go to District in March, for speed and looks. I am so proud of Austin and Danny. The car turned out great, and Austin had so much fun!!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

How neat!! Having girls, I know absolutely nothing about these sort of things but, from the information that I do have, it looks like a little boy's dream. Yay for building a winner!

Unknown said...

Visit here to download movies for free