Friday, March 13, 2009

What a week....

I am so thankful that today is Friday. It has been a very stressful week around our home. Austin got sick Monday at school so I took off and went to pick him up, and of course they didn't want him to come back Tuesday (because he had a 98.9 fever). Tuesday he stayed home with Deborah (Danny's mom). Wednesday he went back to school and did really well. Wednesday afternoon we met with Austin's teacher and tutor, and well that just added more stress. They think Austin had a learning disability in math. This was very hard for us to hear, but it is something we have thought for a while. Austin is a very bright student. His teacher adores him and so does his tutor. We will meet with a committee at Austin's school in April for them to look over his grades and make a final decision whether or not they will test him. So for now, we will continue with tutoring and work extra hard at home on his math.

Well after all of this on Wednesday, Austin got sick again on Thursday at school. So this time I called the doctor. This is the 3rd time he has called home in 2 weeks with vomiting. Of course I called the doctor's office on a very busy day, and had to wait for hours on the nurse to call me back. Well they got Austin an appt. for first thing this morning. The doctor believes Austin has upper and lower GI problems. So she put Austin on Prevacid once-a-day for reflux. They also tested him for diabetes, thankfully he does not have that. She does think that we need to get Austin's tonsils taken out at some point. And at some point he will have to be tested for IBS, Chrohn's, Celiac Disease, and all of the other lovely gastro issues. She also told him no carbonated beverages and that we need to pack his lunch everyday. We will go back in 3 months to see how he is doing, or sooner if the meds don't stop him from vomiting.

Thankfully next week is spring break. Of course, I have to work. But my Mother-in-Law and my grandmother are going to watch him. Hopefully the weather will get a little better and he will get to do a little something FUN.

Since I have talked about Austin, here is a little update on Trenton. He is officially registered for kindergarten. I really can't believe that he will be going to kindergarten next year. His last day at Primrose is March 27th, and he is going to be my little helper. He is still learning his address, and hopefully he will get that down soon. He knows my phone number, his dads, and his Beelah's (Danny's mom). He has mastered all of his letters, numbers, and sounds. I am so proud of him!!! The teachers have come to learn that he is just bored at school. So little to say, I am going to have my hands full with him at home. The preschool thinks that he will be ahead of the rest of his class, which makes me so proud. So this summer we are going to start working on sight words and a few other things.

I am now 27 1/2 weeks pregnant. Still having the contractions but I haven't progressed any. Yeah!!! The doctor thinks that I will just continue to have contractions, so I will just have to continue to feel this pain a few more weeks. I just keep telling myself that it will be so worth it once she is here. So for now they will monitor me every two weeks, unless the contractions get worse.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Oh, and my lovely husband hopefully will bring my 4D disk home today so I can share our pics of Addyson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys had such a crazy week last week! I hope that this week is much better. It does look like the weather is going to get better (yeah!) and we will all get to have some FUN!