Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sick little boy

Last week Trenton started getting sick. One morning he dry heaved, so he layed around the rest of that day at his grandmother's house. Then the rest of the week, he just wasn't himself. Saturday morning we got up and did a few things in the house (you know those lovely chores) and Trenton asked to take a nap, which never happens on the weekends. So he went and got in my bed and told me to turn off the lights and the tv. (Now this is the child that sleeps with the tv on every night.) So he took a nap and then we had to go to town and buy a baby shower gift. The whole time in town he wanted to go home. Saturday night we had to drive to Guntersville to eat dinner (which I did not want to do, but I did it), and Trenton wanted to lay down in the restaurant. We put some chairs together, and he slept. Sunday, still layed around all day, and still wouldn't eat much. So yesterday I decided that he probably needed to go to the doctor. I mean, I know kids get viruses and feel icky. But Trenton is always my little man who has ALL of the energy and is always on the go.

So yesterday morning I stayed home from work and called the doctor. Now I started calling at 7:30 and finally got someone at 7:55, the first available to see our doctor, 2:30. So Trenton and I stayed in and lounged around all day till his appt. Well we go in and they look him over and they want to poke his finger. I have to say, Trenton is the best child when it comes to needles. He sat there and didn't make a peep, all he wanted to know is when the guy would quit squeezing his finger. Well Dr. Patz finally came in and reviewed his blood test, and well it isn't a little bug. Trenton has mono. So he is at home resting for a little while. No meds, just lots of rest!!!

Well I went back to work today and Trenton is staying home with his Beelah (Danny's mom). He is feeling a little better today. He has started eating and he is trying to play a little. Please keep us in your prayers. Hopefully Trenton will be back to himself soon, and pray that no one else catches this.

1 comment:

one BleSSed gal! said...

Ughhhh...seriously sick of being sick, how about you? hope trenton is feeling better :)