Thursday, January 21, 2010

Danny's New Job...Update

January 4th Danny started his new job with Allstate Insurance. The first week was a little challenging for me because he was in Birmingham for training for three days and two nights. That was three days with three kids by myself. And I did it!!! I missed him so much and was so thankful to have him home.

Allstate is a great company that he can retire with...something that you really don't look at when you are young or should I say think about. But hey, we are both "gasp" in our thiries, and we need to start really looking at our futures. And he will move up in senority at the end of the year because two of the adjusters in this area are retiring. They both have been with Allstate over 30 years, that is something that you don't see much anymore in companies.

The number one perk so far....he has already been told to pick his first week of vacation. That's right...his boss wants them to take vacation and he is not to answer his work phone. So different than Joe Hudson's. His first week of vacation is planned for the week of our 10 year anniversary. How exciting is that!!!! I am so thankful that all of his hard work over these year's is finally paying off.

Now for the hard part, Danny has to go for training in Chicago Jan.31st-Feb.12th. So I guess I will really learn then how to do it by myself. I think my mom is going to come stay with me some, just so I don't lose my sanity. :) Danny and I have never been apart for more than a few days in our marriage, but I know that we can do it, I will just miss him like crazy. He will get to experience his first plane ride, that's right, he has never been on a plane. I think this is a blessing because if he wasn't being made, he probably would never do it. And I love planes!!!

Thanks everyone who has been following our journey. This job has definately been a blessing for our family! And I thank God everyday for giving Danny this opportunity and me the opportunity to be home. What more could a girl ask for???

No comments: