Saturday, January 30, 2010

What a week

Monday evening Danny took Addyson back to the doctor for a recheck on her ears. I was at the grocery store when they called, so he decided he would take her. Addyson's ear looked a little better, but he went ahead and gave her another Rocephin shot to see if it would clear up the infection. Especially since she had been on the antibiotics already for 6 days and was still not better.

Tuesday morning Addyson had a runny nose but seemed okay, she is cutting her top two teeth so I expect a little runny nose. Wednesday she just didn't seem like she felt good and started coughing. Thursday, well she was worse, and seemed to wheezing a little with the coughing spells. So I called the Dr. again. Thursday afternoon we went back in to see Dr. Patz. And this time, we didn't get good news. Our sweet Addybell has RSV. And guess what, there is no meds they can give her. She has been sick off and on since December. We all need a break. Especially since the copays and medicine can get a wee bit expensive. And right now, Danny and I just feel helpless. You want to make your child feel better fast, but this time we just have to be patient.

On a sweet note, Addyson said Mama on Friday when she was crying and wanted me to hold her. It was so sweet. Today and tomorrow should be our worst days, please pray that Addyson starts to get well and we don't have to make any trips to the ER. And please pray that the RSV doesn't cause another ear infection.

Danny leaves tonight for B'ham, and leaves for Chicago in the morning. Please pray that he has a safe trip and that I don't miss him too much. This is the first time that he has been away from us this long, and it is really hard on him because Addyson is sick. I know I will be fine, especially since I have Danny's parents close and my mom close. I just don't want him to worry to much while he is gone. And hopefully these next two weeks will fly by.

1 comment:

one BleSSed gal! said...

I'm sorry to hear little Addyson is STILL sick =( Ben had RSV at 5 days & again at 2 months. Meg had it at 6 months. It is no fun at all & I know how helpless you feel. I'm praying she feels better & that these next couple of weeks fly by for you all!