Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a Wonderful Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend with your family's and friends, I know that we did. So where should I start. Well Austin came home Friday afternoon from his nanny's. It was so- good for him to be home. Trenton misses him so much while he is there visiting. So we took off to Wal-Mart after I got off from work and we bought National Treasure 2. However, none of us made it to the end of the movie. So I guess we will finish it this week.

Saturday, I took Austin to tutoring. I felt bad when I left him because he was the only kid. But when I picked him up, he had thoroughly enjoyed his session. But while he was there, I enjoyed a pedicure. That was the only relaxation I got this weekend, but I really enjoyed every second that I was there. After that, Austin and I met my friend Brooke and her daughter Madison for lunch and shopping. We had such a great time visiting.

Saturday evening the boys and myself went to a cookout at Regina and Jason's. Danny use to work with Jason at Circuit City, and they are such a sweet couple. This was the first cookout at there new house, and what a beautiful house they have built. The boys had a blast playing outside and loved playing with their dogs. And I guess you are wondering where my husband was. Well he went to some fight in Florence with the guys from work. So he missed out on the good food and great company. Well Saturday night when we got home the kids were exhausted. So I got them to bed, and of course got myself ready for bed. And about 3 am Austin starts coughing, and he coughed and coughed and coughed. So I finally got myself out of bed and found some cough syrup, that didn't have antihistamines in it. Since he is already on so much allergy medicine. And the cough finally quitened down. So little to say Sunday morning, we all slept in.

So Sunday we went furniture shopping. We are finally going to buy us a nice set of bedroom furniture. So off we went with the boys, and after one store, I think we finally decided on what we both like. I am very simple, and I don't want any big exquisite furniture. Just something that we can have and will last us for years to come. So more to come on the furniture ....
Sunday afternoon we had a cookout with Danny's parents and his grandmother. We haven't seen Nana in a while, so it was nice seeing her.

Then Monday we did a little housework. Girls can we say LAUNDRY!!!! I am terrible at this chore. If anyone has suggestions, I am always willing to try new things. We also started moving things around in the house. With the repairs starting this week, it is starting to put me and Danny at each other's throats. But we are trying to work thru this. It is just hard having your house is chaos. But we got the boy's room ready, and got all of the pictures off the walls in the living room. So right now, we are just at a stand still. Then Danny and I went patio furniture shopping. We have a little bistro set that we got when we bought our place, and he really wants a bigger set that we can all sit at. Well we went to several different stores, and still came home with nothing. We really don't want to spend a fortune, and wanted to buy a set. However, these days, companies sell them piece by piece. So if anyone has suggestions on places or websites to buy patio furniture please sent them my way. After this we enjoyed another cookout with Danny's parents, his grandfather, and my mom. What a wonderful meal Deborah and Steve prepared and what a nice time we all shared together.

Well, as they always say good things must come to an end, and back to work we all went today. And back to school for me as well. Today is my first day of school, after my break. After having two biopsy's last year, I needed a little time off for myself. So today starts a new day, and hopefully in a few years I will graduate. I keep telling Danny we are having a huge party when this happens. So wish me luck, because as we all know, being a mom is hard in itself. Now I will be working fulltime, going to school, and still try to be the best mom and wife. Just pray that my husband and my children have patience in me.




1 comment:

Sunny said...

Stefanie,
I love your blog. You guys have been SO busy! I loved reading up on all that is going on with your family. I had no idea that you were going to school. I really hope that it goes well for you. I am taking one class this summer and I am so intimidated by it! Good luck with the repairs! Hopefully it will all be over very soon!