Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ranger...Danger

So today I had to take the dog to the vet....and this is not a small dog. Ranger is a weimaraner, well I hope I spelled that RIGHT!!! He is a blue, but he is a very dark grey color. He is a beautiful yet hyper dog. And did I mention he is an inside dog. Well so he has a little place on his leg that he is losing hair. I thought he got cut or bit. So here I go off to the vet with Ranger and Trenton. Well first off, this dog is huge. And he tried to ride in front of the car in the little green Honda. So the dog stands up in the seat the whole time, and of course causes me problems driving. So we finally arrive at the vet. What an experience, and needless to say I want be doing it again by myself. The dog weighs 66.2 pounds and here I am trying to pull the dog into the vet because he was scared. So I finally get him in and he freaks out!!! He starts jumping on all of the chairs, putting his front paws on the counter, and sniffing all of the other dogs. So they put us in the exam room. Well they run there tests, and decide to put him on some steroids. Now we are going to take these pills, and see how he does. If this doesn't work, then the vet informs me that he may need some doggy prozac. So lets hope the steroids work. However, the prozac may calm him down. :) So little to say I finally got checked out and made it home. Let's just say Danny will be taking to dog from now on. :)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hope the new pills help your doggie! Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! : )