Thursday, February 26, 2009

Decision Time

Danny and I have been talking for some time now about me becoming a stay-at-home mommy. I love working outside the home, however lately my job has become too stressful. My managers are more worried about money than they are about there employees. So while I have been on strict orders from my doctor, my bosses think that I am lying. While I have cried and cried over this situation, I think this baby I am carrying is more important than my job.

So tonight, Danny and I really talked about things. I will be turning in my notice on Monday, and I am going to give them a month's notice. (They will probably let me go sooner than that, but I want to be fair.) I think there will be more rewards at home than I am receiving at work.

I am so excited about getting my laundry caught up, getting the house cleaned, and doing some other projects. I will also be able to cook dinner (which I haven't done here lately), help Austin with his homework, and get Trenton more prepared for school. I am also looking forward to doing more at church and getting more involved. Oh, and I can't wait to stay home with Addyson.

So new job, here I come!!!!

4 comments:

The HoneaBees said...

It is worth every sacrifice you will make!
Enjoy it!!!

one BleSSed gal! said...

No doubt, you will love every minute of your new job. Well, maybe that was a stretch, but the rewards will be countless for your entire family! I know your boys will be so excited! Congrats!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

How exciting Stefanie! I will be praying for this new transition in your family. Being a stay at home mommy is still tiring and stressful, but the rewards outweigh all of that. :)

Lindsey said...

It is fabulous being a stay at home mommy, though I can assure you that your house will not stay clean. Matter of fact, my house is messier now than when I worked. I guess because we are here all the time.

Saying all that, I LOVE my messy house and LOVE staying home;) Totally worth it!