Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Saving a little money

Since I have been staying home, I have been trying to concentrate on saving a little money. It takes a little more time but is so worth it when I do my shopping. I try not to buy diapers or wipes without a coupon. Formula is another story because I don't find as many coupons for Enfamil. I am happy to say that Monday I saved $15.50 at Walmart using coupons and I saved an additional $6.25 at Kroger. Plus I used my Kroger card and saved an additional 15.27, so my grand total of savings on Monday were $37.02. I usually do all of my shopping at Kroger because they double my coupons, but I had a lot of $1.00 coupons and some things are just cheaper at Walmart. Plus I am learning that if you go early mornings it is less crowded.

I also have been shopping at several stores to buy the kids school supplies. Staples is a wonderful place to buy school supplies because they have $.01 and $.25 sales. Also CVS is great because they give you money back. Target had a deal a few weeks ago that you could get a bookbag and lunch bag for $14.oo, and my kids actually went for it. I know I have saved a ton of money by shopping these sales and not waiting till last minute.

Well, in other news around our house, I am officially back to work part-time. I love still being at home most of the time but I also like that I am helping out financially. I love the shop in Decatur. There is less stress and I love the two managers. If Danny's mom goes back to work full-time then we will have to rethink me working.

The boys had there dental appts. today, and they are cavity free. I was one happy mom considering the fact that I have two boys that don't want to brush their teeth. I guess the nagging is paying off. Plus I will have two soccer stars soon. We got them signed up last night and we will start practice in a couple of weeks. Plus Danny signed up to coach, which means I will have a little more added to my plate. It will be a great experience for him to coach one of the boys (most likely Trenton, but we are still waiting to find out).

Addyson is doing great. She is becoming our little chunky monkey as I call her. I know she will miss the boys when they go back to school as will I. I think she will make it a little easier when I have to take Trenton to kindergarten. I will have to post more on that subject soon.

Well I better get back to the tons of laundry that are calling my name, plus the bathrooms, and the floors. I am looking forward to getting the house cleaned and keeping it clean for a few hours while the boys are in school. :)

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Yay for saving all that money! I'm sure that all of your boys will love playing soccer this year! What fun!

Stacy said...

Great job!!! I always get so excited to come home and show Jon my receipts when I score big savings!! It's fun, isn't it? :)