Thursday, February 12, 2009

23 Week Visit

Last night I got a little nervous, I started having a few contractions. And here I am thinking, oh no not again. I knew after having this happen with Trenton at 24 weeks what I needed to do. So while trying to do homework with Austin, help Trenton with Valentine's Day cards and cook dinner the contractions began. They weren't regular, but pretty hard and uncomfortable. So Danny helped me finish dinner, I ate and layed down. The contractions never got regular and after about two hours they were gone.

So today at my regular check-up I went ahead and talked to Dr. Belmont about the contractions. I am doing fine, weight was much better today. Let's just say between Monday and today I have gained a few pounds. I kind of shocked Danny when I told him my weight today. But hey, I could stand to gain just a few pounds. So Dr. Belmont checked me today, and thankfully I am not dilating or making any progress, which is great news. He did go ahead and give me a prescription for Brethine and told me to take it when the contractions start. For now, I get to keep on working. Which I hope I can continue to do. Dr. Belmont says that since I went into preterm with Trenton and carried him to term that hopefully I can do the same with little girl. Oh, and she was doing well today. She didn't want to cooperate with getting her heartbeat checked but finally we got one (140).

So for now I am just going to pray that I can carry this baby as long as my body will allow me too. Hopefully that will be to at least 37-38 weeks.

Well this weekend we will start on the nursery. Well I should say start getting all of the toys moved out of the nursery (it was the toyroom) and start moving furniture in. I am not going to paint. We are wanting to buy a house next year, so I just want to keep the walls the same color.
So I will go ahead and start taking a few photos for you all to see. My goal is to at least get the crib set up this weekend.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful end of the work week and a wonderful weekend!!!

3 comments:

hales said...

I'm glad everything is ok! I can't believe you're 23 weeks already :)

Sunny said...

Stefanie, I hope that you will make it full term. Preterm labor is so scary and I can definitely relate. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope that you are feeling much better now.

The HoneaBees said...

I'll be praying for you! I can't wait to see the nursery pics!