Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today is not my day

So this morning I get up thinking what a great day I will be having at work. I was going to leave at 12 and go to the grocery. Pick up the last minute items for dinner tonight (it's Bunko night) and get home and finish picking up around the house, and do the last minute touches. This was also going to leave me enough time to spend a little time with the boys and get a manicure and pick up my makeup. I am completely out of base and the guys at work now call me little Amish girl. So I had all of these wonderful plans for today and they all going down the drain fast!!! My boss who went on a business trip to Las Vegas last Thursday has still not returned to work. Supposedly they got stuck in Dallas on Sunday, so he didn't show up yesterday. And then this morning I get a phone call from his wife saying that he picked up something from the airport (yea right)!!! So little to say I am just a little angry today, and very stressed out. I apologize now to all of my bunko friends if my house is not up to par tonight and if I look a little stressed. I promise though to try to make the evening wonderful and hopefully my food will turn out okay since I want have a lot of time to cook. And hopefully the boss will show up sometime today so I can leave before 5pm. It is days like today that I wished I could be a stay-at-home mom. :)

Thanks again for letting me get this out of my system.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry it has been such a crazy day! Don't worry about your house. Everything will be fine. The best part about Bonco is getting to spend time with friends, not examine each others houses. Don't stress yourself over this.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Don't worry about tonight. We will have fun no matter what! We're all just ready for some girl time...away from the kids! :)

Sunny said...

I'm sorry that things are stressful at work. Tonight will be a lot of fun and we are all looking forward to our girl time! Can't wait!